Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
1. Terms of Agreement
- The purchase order, together with these terms and conditions, and any attachments and exhibits,
specifications, drawings, notes, instructions and other information, whether physically attached
or incorporated by reference (collectively the “Purchase Order”), constitutes the entire and
exclusive agreement between the purchaser (“Airlink”) and the supplier (the “Supplier”) identified in the Purchase Order.
- Airlink’s submission of the Purchase Order is conditioned on Supplier’s agreement that
any terms different from or in addition to the terms of the Purchase Order, whether communicated
orally or contained in any purchase order confirmation, invoice, acknowledgement, release,
acceptance or other written correspondence, irrespective of the timing, shall not form a part of the Purchase Order,
even if Supplier purports to condition its acceptance of the Purchase Order on Airlink’s agreement
to such different or additional terms.
- Supplier’s electronic acceptance, acknowledgement of this Purchase Order, or commencement of
performance constitutes Supplier’s acceptance of these terms and conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing,
if a master agreement covering procurement of the Work described in the Purchase Order exists between Supplier and Airlink,
the terms of such master agreement shall prevail over any inconsistent terms herein.
- “Deliverables” means the deliverables specified in the Purchase Order (and any Statement of Work)
to be delivered on or before the Delivery Date.
- “Delivery Date” means the date or dates specified in the Purchase Order by which the Supplier
is required to deliver the Work.
- “Harmful Code” means any software intentionally designed to
(i) disrupt, disable, harm, or impede operation, or
(ii) impair operation based on the lapse of time, including but not limited to viruses,
worms, time bombs, time locks, drop-dead devices, access codes, security keys, back doors, or trap door devices.
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all tangible and intangible:
(i) copyrights and other rights associated with works of authorship throughout the world,
including but not limited to copyrights, neighboring rights, moral rights, and mask works,
and all derivative works thereof;
(ii) trademark and trade name rights and similar rights;
(iii) trade secret rights;
(iv) patents, designs, algorithms, utility models, and other industrial property rights,
and all improvements thereto;
(v) all other intellectual and industrial property rights
(of every kind and nature throughout the world and however designated)
whether arising by operation of law, contract, license, or otherwise; and
(vi) all registrations, applications, renewals, extensions, continuations, divisions, or reissues
thereof now or hereafter in force (including any rights in any of the foregoing).
- “Pre-Existing Materials” means any Intellectual Property Rights or tangible personal property of Supplier or Airlink created before the date of this Purchase Order or outside the scope of this Purchase Order.
- “Products” means tangible goods specified in the Purchase Order to be delivered on or before the Delivery Date.
- “Purchase Order” means a Purchase Order, a Repair Order, an Exchange Order or a Sundry Purchase Order issued by an authorized Procurement function within Airlink.
- “Services” means the services that Supplier is to perform for Airlink specified in the Purchase Order.
- “Statement of Work” or “SOW” means the document specifying, without limitation, the scope, objective, and time frame of the Work that Supplier will perform for Airlink.
- “Subcontractor” means a third party performing Work under an agreement (a “Subcontract”) with Supplier.
- “Supplier Personnel” means Supplier’s employees, consultants, agents, independent contractors and Subcontractors.
- “Third Party Intellectual Property” means the Intellectual Property Rights of a third party which Supplier uses or incorporates into the Work.
- “Work” means the Deliverables, Products and Services specified in the Purchase Order, including any SOW.
- Time is an important factor in Supplier’s performance of its obligations under the Purchase Order. Supplier will immediately notify Airlink if Supplier’s timely performance under the Purchase Order is delayed or is likely to be delayed. Airlink’s acceptance of Supplier’s notice will not constitute Airlink’s waiver of any of Supplier’s obligations.
- If Supplier delivers Work after the Delivery Date, Airlink may reject such Work.
- Airlink will hold any Work rejected under this Purchase Order at Supplier’s risk and expense, including storage charges, while awaiting Supplier’s returns shipping instructions. Supplier will bear all return shipping charges, including without limitation, insurance charges Airlink incurs on Supplier’s behalf. Airlink may, in its sole discretion, destroy or sell at a public or private sale any rejected Work for which Airlink does not receive return shipping instructions within a reasonable time, and apply the proceeds, if any, first toward any storage charges.
- Supplier shall preserve, pack, package and handle the Deliverables and Products so as to protect the Deliverables and Products from loss or damage and in accordance with best commercial practices in the absence of any specifications Airlink may provide. Without limiting the foregoing, Supplier shall observe the requirements of any local laws and regulations relating to hazardous Products, including, without limitation, with respect to its accompanying information, packing, labeling, reporting, carriage and disposal.
- Supplier shall include with each delivery of Products a packing list identifying the Purchase Order number, the part number for each of the Products (if applicable), a description and the quantity of each of the Products, and the date of shipment.
- Unless Supplier expressly specifies otherwise in its purchase order acknowledgement or confirmation, Supplier will deliver all Work to Airlink’s facilities at the address set forth in the Purchase Order. In this regard, Seller assumes responsibility for all shipping and delivery charges including, without limitation, customs, duties, costs, taxes and insurance. Risk of loss for the Deliverables and Products does not pass to Airlink until acceptance in accordance with Section 6.
- For Services rendered at Airlink’s facilities, Supplier or its appointed Subcontractors shall upon completion of delivery remove all debris or surplus materials and shall ensure that the site of the Work and adjoining areas are left in a clear and clean condition.
4. Price and Payment
- Unless otherwise specified in the Purchase Order, the price for the Work excludes all taxes and other charges such as shipping and delivery charges, duties, customs, tariffs, imposts and government-imposed surcharges. Supplier shall specify any applicable taxes and other charges as individual line items in its invoice pertaining to the Purchase Order. Supplier shall use its best efforts to assist Airlink in all legal efforts to minimize the taxes resulting from the performance of this Purchase Order.
- Airlink will pay Supplier the price in accordance with the payment terms set forth in the Purchase Order following the later of:
(i) the Delivery Date;
(ii) the date of Airlink’s acceptance of all of the Work; or
(iii) Airlink’s receipt of a properly prepared invoice.
A properly prepared invoice must include the Purchase Order number, the Supplier’s Value Added Tax (VAT)
number and Airlink’s VAT number and, if required in the Purchase Order, Supplier’s certification of conformance
or release of the Work to the requirements. Payment will be made against the currency type specified on the Purchase Order.
Airlink may, at any time, set-off any amounts Supplier owes Airlink against any amounts Airlink owes to Supplier or
any of its affiliated companies.
5. Ownership and License
- Unless otherwise specified in a SOW and except as provided in Section 5.2, Airlink is the sole and exclusive owner of all Deliverables and Supplier hereby irrevocably assigns and transfers to Airlink all of its worldwide right and title to, and interest in, the Deliverables, including all associated Intellectual Property Rights.
6. Inspection and Acceptance
- Airlink may reject any or all of the Work which does not conform to the applicable requirements within 10 business days of Supplier’s delivery of the Work. At Airlink’s option, Airlink may:
(i) return the non- conforming Work to Supplier for a refund or credit;
(ii) require Supplier to replace the non-conforming Work; or
(iii) require Supplier to repair the non-conforming Work so that it meets the requirements.
As an alternative to (i) through (iii), Airlink may accept the non-conforming Work conditioned on Supplier
providing a refund or credit in an amount Airlink reasonably determines to represent the diminished value of the non-conforming Work.
Airlink’s payment to Supplier for Work prior to Airlink’s timely rejection of such Work as non-conforming will not be
deemed as acceptance by Airlink.
- As used in this Section 7, “Change” means a change Airlink directs or causes within the general scope of this Agreement, the applicable SOW or both.
- Airlink, by written order (i.e. an amended Purchase Order), may make Changes in accordance with this Section 7.
- If Supplier asserts that Airlink has directed or caused a Change to the cost of or time for performance for which Airlink has
not issued an amended Purchase Order, Supplier shall promptly notify Airlink in writing of the Change, providing
(i) a description of the action or inaction asserted to have caused the Change;
(ii) an estimate of the equitable adjustment that would be required for Supplier to perform the Changed Work; and
(iii) a date no less than 30 days from the date of notice by which Airlink must respond to Supplier’s notice failing which Supplier
may proceed with the Work unchanged.
Airlink shall evaluate Supplier’s notice of Change in good faith, and if Airlink agrees
that it has made a constructive change, Airlink will issue an amended Purchase Order to Supplier.
- Supplier shall, as promptly as practicable, after giving the notice of the Change, or within 10 days
of receiving an amended Purchase Order, submit a request for equitable adjustment specifying the adjustment
in the price or time for performance resulting from the Change.
- The parties shall negotiate an amendment to the applicable SOW to incorporate the requirements
of the amended Purchase Order providing for an equitable adjustment to the price, time for performance, or both.
8. Representations and Warranties
- Supplier represents and warrants that:
(i) It has the full power to enter into the Purchase Order and to perform its obligations under the Purchase Order;
(ii) It has the right and unrestricted ability to assign the Work to Airlink including, without limitation,
the right to assign any Work performed by Supplier Personnel and Subcontractors;
(iii) The Work, and Airlink’s use of the Work, do not and will not infringe upon any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights,
right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary rights, whether contractual, statutory or common law;
(iv) Supplier will not disclose to Airlink, bring onto Airlink's premises, or induce Airlink to use any confidential or
proprietary information that belongs to anyone other than Airlink or Supplier which is not covered by a non-disclosure
agreement between Airlink and Supplier;
(v) Software supplied by Supplier does not contain any Harmful Code;
(vi) Supplier’s Work conforms to Airlink’s specifications, Supplier’s quotation or proposal, and Supplier’s brochures or
catalogs, and if none of the foregoing is applicable, then such Work is suitable for the intended use;
(vii) Except to the extent Supplier is providing:
(a) Products only;
(b) Services from a Supplier location; or
(c) Services in relation to marketing, educational, or a sales related event at a third party site,
all affected Supplier Personnel are familiar and compliant with Airlink’s health and safety and security requirements
(copies of these requirements are available upon request from Airlink).
- Airlink warrants and represents to Supplier that it has the full power to enter into the Purchase Order
and to perform its obligations under the Purchase Order.
- TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE MADE, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
9. Assignment and Subcontracting
- Supplier may not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under the Purchase Order
without Airlink’s prior written consent, which Airlink will not unreasonably withhold.
Airlink may, at its option, void any attempted assignment or delegation undertaken without Airlink's prior written consent.
- Supplier may not subcontract any of its rights or obligations under the Purchase Order
without Airlink’s prior written consent. If Airlink consents to the use of a Subcontractor, Supplier will:
(i) Guarantee and will remain liable for the performance of all subcontracted obligations;
(ii) Indemnify Airlink for all damages and costs of any kind, subject to the limitations in Section 12 (Indemnification),
incurred by Airlink or any third party and caused by the acts and omissions of Supplier’s Subcontractors; and
(iii)Make all payments to its Subcontractors.
If Supplier fails to timely pay a Subcontractor for work performed, Airlink will have the right,
but not the obligation, to pay the Subcontractor and offset any amount due to Supplier by any amount paid to the Subcontractor.
Supplier will defend, indemnify and hold Airlink harmless for all damages and costs of any kind, without limitation,
incurred by Airlink and caused by Supplier’s failure to pay a Subcontractor.
- To the extent allowed by applicable law, no person who is not a party to the Purchase Order
shall be entitled to enforce or take the benefit of any of its terms whether as a result of applicable legislation, custom or otherwise.
10. Term and Termination
- The Purchase Order will remain in effect with respect to any SOW already issued prior to expiration of the term of the Purchase Order until such SOW is either terminated or the Work is completed and accepted.
- Airlink may terminate this Purchase Order, any SOW, or both at any time, for no reason or for any reason,
upon 15 days written notice to Supplier.
Upon receipt of notice of such termination, Supplier will inform Airlink of the extent to which it has completed
performance as of the date of the notice, and Supplier will collect and deliver to Airlink whatever Work then exists.
Airlink will pay Supplier for all Work performed and accepted through the effective date of the termination, provided
that Airlink will not be obligated to pay any more than the payment that would have become due had Supplier completed
and Airlink had accepted the Work. Airlink will have no further payment obligation in connection with any termination.
- Either party may terminate the Purchase Order, any SOW or both, immediately by delivering
written notice to the other party upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
(i) a receiver is appointed for either party or its property;
(ii) either makes a general assignment for the benefit of its creditors;
(iii) either party commences, or has commenced against it, proceedings under any bankruptcy, insolvency or debtor's relief law,
if such proceedings are not dismissed within 60 days; or
(iv) either party is liquidating, dissolving, or ceasing to do business in the ordinary course.
- Airlink may immediately terminate the Purchase Order upon written notice to Supplier if there is a change
in ownership representing 20 percent or more of the equity ownership of Supplier.
- Either party may terminate this Purchase Order, any SOW or both, immediately by delivering written notice to
the other party for any material breach not cured within 30 days of receipt of notice of the breach.
Airlink shall have no further payment obligation to Supplier under any terminated SOW if Airlink terminates the SOW under this Section 10.5.
- Any obligations or duties which, by their nature, extend beyond the expiration or termination of the Purchase Order
shall survive the expiration or termination of the Purchase Order.
11. Confidential Information and Publicity
- If Airlink and Supplier have entered into a Non-Disclosure Agreement (“NDA”) which covers disclosure of
confidential information under the Purchase Order, and if the term of the NDA expires before the expiration or
termination of the Purchase Order, then the term of the NDA shall be automatically extended to match the term of the Purchase Order.
- The parties shall treat the terms, conditions, and existence of the Purchase Order as Confidential Information as defined in the NDA.
- Supplier shall obtain Airlink’s written consent prior to any publication, presentation,
public announcement, or press release concerning its relationship as a supplier to Airlink.
More About Us
- As used in this Section 12, a “Claim” is any claim, demand, loss, damage, liability,
cost or expense (including professional fees and costs as incurred) for which one party (the “Indemnifying Party”)
may be obligated to defend, indemnify and hold the other party (the “Indemnified Party”) harmless.
- Supplier shall defend, indemnify and hold Airlink harmless from and against any and all Claims as incurred,
arising out of or in connection with any:
(i) act or omission of Supplier (including its Subcontractors) in the performance of the Work; or
(ii) any infringement of a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights or any other rights.
- Airlink shall indemnify and hold Supplier harmless from and against any and all Claims as incurred,
arising out of or in connection with:
(i) Supplier’s use of Airlink’s products or services in connection with the Work;
(ii) Supplier’s use of information or materials provided to Supplier by Airlink; or
(iii) infringement of a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights or any other rights resulting from Supplier’s
adherence to Airlink’s written instructions.
- Each party will indemnify and hold the other party harmless from and against any and all Claims,
as incurred, arising out of any negligent or willful acts or omissions of the Indemnifying Party which results in personal
injury (including death) or damage to tangible property (not including lost or damaged data).
- The Indemnified Party will provide the Indemnifying Party with prompt written notice of the
Claim and permit the Indemnifying Party to control the defence, settlement, adjustment, or compromise of any Claim.
The Indemnified Party may employ counsel at its own expense to assist it with respect to any Claim.
The Indemnified Party will have no authority to settle any Claim on the Indemnifying Party’s behalf.
- If a third party enjoins or interferes with Airlink’s use of any Work, then in addition to
Supplier’s obligations under Section 12.2, Supplier will use its best efforts to:
(i) obtain any licenses necessary to permit Airlink to continue to use the Work;
(ii) replace or modify the Work as necessary to permit Airlink to continue its use of the Work;
or if (i) and (ii) are not commercially reasonable, then (iii) promptly refund to Airlink the
amount paid for any Work for which a third party enjoins or interferes with Airlink’s use of the Work.
- Nothing in this Section shall limit any other remedy of the parties.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE PURCHASE ORDER OR OTHERWISE, AIRLINK WILL NOT BE
LIABLE TO SUPPLIER WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PURCHASE ORDER UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE,
STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT AIRLINK PAID TO
SUPPLIER IN THE SIX MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCE GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY
- IN NO EVENT WILL AIRLINK BE LIABLE TO SUPPLIER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROFITS ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE PURCHASE ORDER, WHETHER OR NOT AIRLINK WAS
ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN.
NOTHING IN THE PURCHASE ORDER LIMITS EITHER PARTY'S LIABILITY FOR BODILY INJURY OF A PERSON, DEATH, OR PHYSICAL DAMAGE TO
PROPERTY OR ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Supplier will secure and maintain insurance providing coverage for liabilities to third parties for bodily injury
(personal injury) and damage to property in amounts sufficient to protect Airlink in the event of such injury or damage,
and will be in compliance with any and all laws, regulations or orders addressing the liabilities of an employer to its
employees for injuries and disease suffered in connection with employment. Supplier further will maintain such additional
types and limits of insurance as is customary for a company of similar size and similar operations to Supplier in the jurisdiction
or jurisdictions in which Supplier’s operations take place.
15. Complience with Laws
- Supplier represents and warrants that it will comply with all applicable local and national
laws and regulations pertaining to its performance of its obligations under this Purchase Order.
In particular and without limitation, Supplier shall not act in any fashion or take any action that will render
Airlink liable for a violation of any applicable anti-bribery legislation, which prohibits the offering, giving or
promising to offer or give, or receiving, directly or indirectly, money or anything of value to any third party to
assist it them or Airlink in retaining or obtaining business or in performing the Work. Supplier’s failure to comply
with this provision shall constitute a material breach of this Purchase Order.
16. Govering Law
- The validity, interpretation, and performance of this Purchase Order shall be controlled by and
construed under the laws of the Republic of South Africa. The South African Courts shall have exclusive
jurisdiction over any claim arising under this Purchase Order. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may
seek interim or temporary injunctive relief in any court of appropriate jurisdiction with respect to any alleged
breach of such party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights. The parties specifically disclaim the application
of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods to the interpretation or enforcement of this Purchase Order.
- Any notice to be given under the Purchase Order will be in writing and addressed to the party at the address
stated in the front of the Purchase Order. Notices will be deemed given and effective:
(i) if personally delivered, upon delivery,
(ii) if sent by an overnight service with tracking capabilities, upon receipt;
(iii) if sent by fax or electronic mail, at such time as the party which sent the notice receives confirmation of
receipt by the applicable method of transmittal; or
(iv) if sent by certified or registered mail, within five days of deposit in the mail.
- If there is a conflict between or among the Purchase Order and any documents attached to and incorporated by reference,
the conflict will be resolved as follows:
(i) A conflict between the terms of the Purchase Order and those set forth in an exhibit or attachment
will be resolved in favor of the Purchase Order;
(ii) A conflict between the terms of the Purchase Order and those set forth in a SOW will be resolved in favor of the SOW; and
(iii) A conflict between the terms of an exhibit or hyperlink and those set forth in a SOW will be resolved in favor of the SOW.
- If any court of competent jurisdiction holds that any provision of the Purchase Order is illegal, invalid,
or unenforceable, the legality, validity, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Purchase Order will
not be affected or impaired, and all remaining terms of this Purchase Order remain in full force and effect,
provided that this provision shall not be applied to defeat the intent of the parties.
- A party’s election not to insist on strict performance of any requirement of the Purchase Order
will not operate or be construed to waive any future omission or breach, or any other provision of the Purchase Order.