REPORTS TO: BRANCH MANAGER
DIVISION: SKUKUZA BRANCH
Responsible for manning the Emergency Vehicle during Flight movements at Skukuza Airport as well as the timeous response to any emergency situations and the handling thereof. Take responsibility for fuelling of aircraft.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. Must have done Fire Fighter course up to Fire Fighter 1
3. Must have BA Apparatus training
4. Must be trained in First Aid level 2
5. Must be in possession of a legal Code 10 Drivers Licence
6. Must have experience as a Fire Tender driver/operator
7. Must have prior knowledge/experience on Radio Telephony
8. Must be willing and able to excel at the following on the job training:
• Aircraft Construction
• Fire tender Driver/Operator
• Aircraft familiarisation
• Radio telephony
1. Comply with the Emergency Procedures in the event of accidents or incidents at on the aerodrome.
2. Ensure Safety Procedures complied with on the aerodrome.
3. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
4. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
5. Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability
1. Check the operation of all safety equipment and vehicles, report any deficiencies
2. Assist with the boarding/screening of passengers.
3. Assist with Loading/Unloading of aircraft, if requested.
4. Refuel aircraft according to prescribed methods
5. Daily samples of fuel to be taken and tested according to prescribed methods. Deviations to be reported to Airport Manager.
6. Check storage tanks for water sediments, check hoses for damage and static
7. Do all prescribed checks, mechanical and quality of fuel, for bulks fuel deliveries.
8. Take fuel dip readings and meter readings.
9. Will assist with additional duties in and around the airport.
10. Perform any reasonable task requested by the Emergency Officer and or Airport Manager.
11. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
12. Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: LYN MAGGS
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED: FM - SKZ - 0215
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: Recruitment2@flyairlink.com
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: FRIDAY, 6 MARCH 2015
PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
To apply for any positions at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form. This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number as indicated on the relevant advertisement.