REPORTS TO: RESERVATIONS CONTROL MANAGER
DIVISION: INVENTORY & REVENUE CONTROL DEPARTMENT
LOCATION: S A AIRLINK BUILDING, GREENSTONE HILL OFFICE PARK, EMERALD BOULEVARD, GREENSTONE HILL, MODDERFONTEIN
To serve as a first point of contact between Airlink and passengers with the purpose of creating Regional and Domestic Reservations and issuing the tickets.
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. Extensive knowledge of relevant CRS (Computer Reservation System).
3. Must have ticketing experience.
4. Proven ability to extract fare quotes and fare rules from the CRS (Computer Reservation System).
5. Minimum 1 year working experience within the Airline Industry and reservations field.
6. Must be computer literate on Microsoft Excel and Word.
7. Must have good telephone and negotiation skills.
8. Must have the ability to work under pressure and conform to routine.
9. Must be a team player and creative problem solver.
10. Must be able to take initiative and have internal drive.
11. Must be honest and reliable.
12. Will attend training as and when required to do so.
3. Principal Accountabilities
1. Booking of flights - Domestic and Regional.
2. Understand the passenger in order to best manage his/her travel requirements and ascertain his/her needs and plans.
3. Offer best possible routing in terms of passenger needs and what is applicable or available even if it means making use of our alliance partners.
4. Quote fare as per availability of the lowest seats.
5. Apply and inform passengers of the appropriate rules and conditions for fares booked e.g. cancellation fees, rebooking fees, etc.
6. Ensure the passenger’s correct contact details are taken to allow follow-up communication in terms of flight delays, time changes and flight cancellations.
7. Provide passengers with relevant voyager service centre contact details in response to queries and enquiries that relate to SAA’s frequent flyer program.
8. Confirmation of special services e.g. medical requirements, unaccompanied minors, meet and assist and wheelchair facilities.
9. Advise passengers of different forms of payment options and processes. eg. credit card, bank transfers and cash.
10. Responsible for advising passengers to carry their identity documents and in the case of electronic ticketing, credit cards also required for verification purposes.
11. Responsible for accepting confidential credit card payments and process credit card payments once all information is verified.
12. Responsible for advising passengers to reconfirm their flights 72hours before departure.
13. Responsible to advise passengers of any schedule changes.
14. Amend existing itineraries.
15. Provide passengers with fare quotes - Regional and Domestic fares.
16. Process credit card and cash sales.
17. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
18. Will assist with any additional tasks within the contexts of the job description.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: LISA VAN DER WALT
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED: RSA - I&RCD - 1213
APPLICATIONS TO BE FAXED TO: (011) 451-7367
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: MONDAY, 16 DECEMBER 2013
PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!