REPORTS TO: CENTRALISED LIBRARY SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: TECHNICAL SUPPORT – CENTRALISED LIBRARY
LOCATION: HANGAR 2, SAA TECHNICAL GATE, JONES ROAD, ORT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JOHANNESBURG
Maintaining controlled technical documentation services in accordance with Technical Support Department requirements and company procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. At least 2 years technical / aviation library experience is recommended.
3. Computer literacy is essential, including MS Office applications (especially Word and Excel), PDF documents and e-mail. Furthermore, proficiency in accessing information online and working via client portal websites is essential.
4. Strong self-discipline and the ability to handle repetitive work without supervision are important requirements.
5. Accuracy of work is critical.
6. Strong adherence to published procedures is critical.
7. May be required to work flexible hours where necessary.
1. Maintaining and updating all AMO 052 Workshop Libraries in accordance with DCM procedures – this includes the Composites, Electrical, Engine, Paint, Propeller, Sheet Metal, Trimming and Wheels & Brake Workshops.
2. Maintaining and updating documentation in the Operations Control Centre (OCC) Library in accordance with DCM procedures, and as delegated by the Library Supervisor.
3. Maintaining and updating the Libraries of all AMO 052 Managers, Supervisors and Chief Inspectors at the Johannesburg main base in accordance with DCM procedures.
4. Maintaining and updating the Maintenance Control Centre (MCC) Library in accordance with DCM procedures.
5. Maintaining and updating the Libraries of the Quality Assurance Manager, Security Manager and Safety Manager at the Flight Operations Offices at the Johannesburg main base in accordance with DCM procedures.
6. Carrying out the following routine checks in all workshops, offices, hangars and workstations identified in (1) to (5) above:
a. Weekly Check:
i. Check that all required manuals are in the correct location.
ii. If there are revisions required to these manuals, these must be carried out.
iii. Check each manual individually for ‘wear and tear’ and rectify immediately as required.
b. Monthly Check:
i. Carry out the weekly check items as described in (a).
ii. Check the status of each manual against the associated vendor’s (or publisher’s) record of revisions.
iii. Update the monthly Centralized Library Status Report.
c. Yearly Check:
i. Carry out the monthly check items as described in (b).
ii. Complete a page-by-page audit of each manual against its most current List of Effective Pages (LOEP) based on the current Centralized Library Revision Status Index.
7. Handling any Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) requests raised by authorized personnel at AMO 052, if applicable.
8. Fulfilling the Library requirements for the receipt of Service Bulletin documentation as detailed in Section 4.6 of the DCM.
9. Checking daily for any requests that may be sent to the Centralized Library and forwarding each request to the responsible Library staff member.
10. Maintaining and updating all controlled Engine and Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) technical documentation suites, as well as all CMMs, subscribed to by AMO 052:
a. Check the revision status of each affected manual weekly.
b. Download any new revisions or newly released documents as applicable.
c. Notify the Library Supervisor via e-mail as well as through a supporting DIF that the server needs to be updated with newly received documentation.
11. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
12. Will assist with additional tasks within the contexts of the job.
KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS ADVERTISEMENT IS FOR A TEMPORARY POSITION.
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: FRANSIE COLLINGS
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED AS SUBJECT: TCL-CL-1114
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: FRIDAY, 28 NOVEMBER 2014
PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE. THEREAFTER, EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
To apply for any positions at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form. This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number as indicated on the relevant advertisement.