REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: CARGO - JOHANNESBURG
LOCATION: WAREHOUSE 14-17, FOREIGN AIRLINE CARGO TERMINAL, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
To create a safe, efficient and smooth running service for the transportation of cargo on the various airlines and any other duties which the Cargo Ops Controller and/or Operations Supervisor may deem necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. Must have a minimum education of Gr. 12 or equivalent.
2. Must hold a valid driver’s license, preferably Code 10 PDP.
3. Must be able to lift 50 kgs unassisted.
4. Must be numerically literate.
5. Good communication skills (written and spoken)
6. Must be willing to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
7. Time Management Skills
8. Must be able to work under pressure.
9. Must attend training when requested to do so
1. Accountable for correct delivery of cargo to and from aircraft
2. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
3. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability
4. Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability
1. Load and Unload cargo, and company mail
2. Responsible for correct delivery of cargo to and from aircraft.
3. Assist with flight catering when applicable
4. Ensure that the cargo that is loaded on the aircraft is checked against the manifest to avoid misroutes.
5. Ensure that final cargo weight is confirmed with the controller after loading into the aircraft
6. Ensure that all off-loaded cargo is documented and handed to the controller on arrival at the warehouse.
7. All responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
8. Will assist with additional tasks that the Cargo Ops Controller and/or Operations Supervisor may allocate.
9. Will attend training as and when instructed to do so.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: SUZANNE CARRICK
ONLY REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED AS SUBJECT: RD-CAR-0217
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: email@example.com
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: THURSDAY, 02 MARCH 2017
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.
To apply for any position at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form. This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number / email address as indicated in the relevant advertisement.