REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: CARGO - JOHANNESBURG
LOCATION: WAREHOUSE 14-17, FOREIGN AIRLINE CARGO TERMINAL, O R TAMBO
To create a safe, efficient and smooth running service for the transportation of cargo
on the various airlines and any other duties which the Cargo Ops Controller and/or
Operations Supervisor may deem necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. Must have a minimum education of Gr. 12 or equivalent.
2. Must hold a valid driver’s license preferably Code 10 PDP.
3. Must be able to lift 50 kgs unassisted.
4. Must be numerically literate.
5. Good communication skills (written and spoken)
6. Must be willing to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
7. Must attend training when requested to do so .
1. Accountable for correct delivery of cargo to and from aircraft
2. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in
accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within
the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
3. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability
4. Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and
1. Load and Unload cargo, and company mail
2. Assist with flight catering when applicable
3. Ensure that the cargo is loaded manifest and checked according to the manifest
4. Ensure that final cargo weight is confirmed with the controller after loading into
5. Ensure that all off-loaded cargo is documented and handed to the controller on
arrival at the warehouse.
6. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as
laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety
7. Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: SUZANNE CARRICK
ONLY REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED AS SUBJECT: RD-JNB-0916
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: MONDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER 2016
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.
To apply for any position at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form. This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number / email address as indicated in the relevant advertisement.